Monday, May 10

I'm back for the {ippity} Hop!

It has been a looooong time since I've done the {ippity} Hop! I am really glad to be back, though, and hope to be a regular {ippity} Hop player once again! Make sure you read all the way to the end of this post for a special announcement!

I had a little time to make a rather simple set of six cards and matching card box in the last couple of weeks. Because it's been rather hectic in my neck of the woods, this set took me that long when it should have gone together in a matter of an hour or two. C'est la vie, I suppose!

I CASEd a card for this one, and used a simple box template. It's easier to make than other boxes I've done, uses a single 8.5" x 11 sheet of cardstock, but only holds about 5-6 cards with envelopes. Given my lack of time to do big sets, though, I think it's pretty near perfect for my needs.  =D

This technique uses embossed resist to get the image to pop out. I used a solid stamp from the {ippity} kit Where You Should Be to stamp on a square of paper from an old children's book. Then I sponged on some light green ink, then darker green ink to bring out the image. One more swipe over the image with a clean paper towel to pick up ink left behind on the embossed image, and there's the branch! I also used a stamp from one of the Unity KOM sets and the distressed dots background stamp.

supplies ~ cardstock: Prism (cream and greens) & Bazzill (kraft), stamps: Unity Distressed Dots, March 2010 KOM {Rockin' It Unity Style} & {ippity} Where You Should Be

Now for the special announcement - how about a sale? Buy one kit, get the second one of equal or lesser value 1/2 off plus FREE shipping! AND every order will have a surprise gift included! I have every set from the Fall and Winter releases in stock and ready to ship; I am currently out of the Spring sets but anticipate a shipment of them soon. This sale is good until Sunday, May 16. To order, just email me and I'll send a PayPal invoice.

Oh, and get ready for peeks of the new {ippity} sets coming out - their fabulous!  =D

Okay, I think that's enough excitement for one day - off to the next blog in the hop! Thanks for visiting, and enjoy your day!


11 paper smiles:

NoraAnne said...

Love your set of cards!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

love this card design, cheri-so cute:)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is a fab set of notecards, Cheri! :)

Gardner's Basket said...

This is a beautiful set of cards, Cheri. You did a wonderful job.

Poppit said...

Love that embossing resist effect. Fabulous card set. TFS

Becky Carafa said...

Love this layout, great set!

Heather said...

What a FABULOUS notecard set! So cute!

Angie Blom said...

Beautiful Notecards!!

Anonymous said...

I love your stamping on the text paper. Totally makes the card. great job.

Andrea said...

love the embossed resist!

Chris said...

very nice, great gift!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!