Tuesday, September 1

Growing in Unity Day 2...another chance for blog candy!


Welcome back to my second day of Unity all week long! Today I have a card for a young lady at my church who is returning to Bible college later this week. Her dream is to become a missionary, and this quote seemed to fit so well.

This card started with a sketch from CardPatterns (love that blog!), and a theme of "Back to School" the from Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog. After choosing my papers from the DCWV Sweet Stack, I stamped my image in Memento Bamboo Leaves. The flower in the corner was part of the paper design, but I fussy cut it out and layered it on some more Sweet stack paper and DCWV textured cardstock.

As a finishing touch inside the card, I inked up only the flourish on this image and stamped it in opposite corners, then used the same flourish on one corner of the envelope. I really like that; it just seems to tie it all together nicely.

supplies ~ card base: stash, green cardstock: DCWV, dsp: DCWV Sweet Stack

Thanks for coming to visit today. Remember to leave a comment on today's post to be entered for a FREE UNITY STAMP of your choice! I'll choose a winner on Friday after 5 pm AKDT.

25 paper smiles:

Ravengirl said...

Wow, great fussy cutting! That is a lovely card and I am sure that the recipient will love it!

Rachel said...

Love the colors, so cheery!

StampinCathy said...

This is just a perfect sentiment. The card is so bright and cheery.

klasickewpie said...

The young lady will certainly adore this card. How perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

A beautiful sentiment on a beautiful card! Love the bright and happy colors!

Kelly Landers said...

What a pretty and bright card! Very appropriate for the recipient!

Diane said...

Very pretty card, so cheerful!

Emily said...

Cute card! I love cutting things out of pattern papers, really makes it your own! It's also cheaper than buying all the matching stickers and embellishments.

Bogner's said...

Love your colors! This is such a happy card!

Rona said...

Great card!! I'm sure the young woman will love it!!

starqueen said...

Hi Cheri,
A very sweet card! I love to coordinate the inside art and the envelopes of my cards too. It really gives everything such a completed look and feel!
Thank you for sharing!

Jennine ~CravenCreations.com said...

love the color combo! My favorites!

~~Audrey~~ said...

I luv that quote! Card's beautiful.

Monika in VA said...

Lovely ~ I especially love the sentiment in the matching green!

whoistracy said...

Love the bright fun colors on this card! And all of the layers.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Do you usually do things inside of cards? I never do, except write something personal to the recipient.

Moni said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours! Hugs,moni

Sandra said...

very nice - that card will make someones day!
Sandra

jan farnworth said...

what a great job with this sketch and i love the sentiment.

silvia said...

Great card!! LOVE the bright colors!!

Kim Marie said...

What a beautiful card; I'm sure she was blessed!
Kim Marie

Debbi said...

Beautiful card, I'm sure she loves it. Thanks for sharing.

Jillisgram said...

Such a lovely sentiment and you made a beautiful card to go with it.

cjs said...

Such a nice 'summery' card!

FibreJunky said...

This is one of my favourite quote stamps. I think it's perfect for anyone starting out with a dream.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!