Monday, September 7

Whimsy Challenge: Sew, Baby, Sew!

I'm back again with a Whimsy challenge! This week, break out that needle & thread or sewing machine; we want to see sewing on your card! Remember that you can use any image you like in the challenge!

ETA: I didn't know ahead of time, but Denise is offering a really cute digi stamp to one random player this week - go check it out!

Today's card is a baby card. I really want to try some machine sewing on my cards, but my machine is still boxed and hard to get to at the moment. Maybe if I can get my hands on one of those mini machines - hmmmm.... =D

So, I did a little faux stitching around the edges of each layer, hand sewed the buttons to the card, and added a couple of little x's in the corners of two of the layers. The inside has a rub-on sentiment that says, "Welcome, Little One!"

This image actually has three little goslings in it, but I wanted a smaller focal panel, so one of the little goslings got the boot. It's been a while since I watercolored any images, so I decided to break out my watercolor pencils for this one. The sky has a very pale blue wash to soften the stark white.

supplies ~ cardstock: stash, dsp: Hot Off The Press, buttons: stash, image: Whimsy Mother Goose and Babies

So how will YOU add sewing to your card? We can't wait to see what you create! Thanks for the visit today; have a terrific Labor Day!


4 paper smiles:

Diane said...

Oh, I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could follow yours! You have absolutely delightful creations! Thanks for stopping by...I'll definitely be back to see more here.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi cheri! what a great card! I love this! hope your having a nice labor day. :)

Justine said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Your coloring is so beautiful on these fun little guys.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Cheri, this is just adorable hun!! I love it!! HUGS

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!