Wednesday, February 17

AiFactory goes 3D

It's time for another AiFactory challenge, and this time we want to see a 3D project! You can get a list of all the designers at the AiF Challenge Blog. The design team was provided a calendar set to work with, and I knew as soon as I saw the medallions on each calendar that I wanted to make an ornament with one of my empty ribbon spools. Here's a sample of the calendar set:


I opened one of the calendars in my image editing software, selected just the medallion and deleted the rest of the image. I made sure to measure the size of the Nestabilities circle die I was going to use before sizing my image. Once it was printed out (two copies) and cut with the Nestabilities, I mounted it on a scalloped mat. To hide the core of the spool, I wrapped it with some coordinating ribbon before adhering the medallion to the front and back of the empty spool.

Great way to use up something you'd otherwise throw out, eh? If you'd like to purchase this calendar, be sure to visit the AiFactory store.

supplies ~ cardstock: The Paper Company (green) & Georgia Pacific (white), ribbon: Michael's, image: AiFactory

Thanks for coming to visit!



3 paper smiles:

Kerry said...

Beautiful tags, amazing!!!

Erin Smetak said...

Oh is this tag gorgeous!!!! Green is my favorite color, so this is right up my alley!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Unknown said...

I love it love it love it! What a great idea to use your ribbon spools instead of throwing them away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!