This week, Mia gave us some recipe cards to play with and YUM! I love to cook, and new recipes are always so fun to try! Check out what I made this week.
supplies ~ cardstock: Martha Stewart (red) & The Paper Company (black), images: AiFactory
And since the print is really hard to see, here's the recipe from Cooking Light, 2003:
- 4 ounces Cajun smoked sausage, chopped (such as Conecuh)
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups coarsely chopped kale (about 8 ounces)
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
PreparationHeat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add smoked sausage to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the kale. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until the kale is tender. Stir in beans, and cook 1 minute or until soup is thoroughly heated.
I prefer collard greens to kale, so I substitute when I make this soup. Salad and some crusty break make this a great warm up!
Check out what the rest of the team has done, too!
Kerry, Lola, Fink, Angie, Carole, Erin, Penny, Michelle, Fliss, Monica, & Carlie
Like these recipe cards? Head over to the AiFactory website to get yours!