Saturday, March 31

CAS-ual Friday 46: Inspired by Song

Hello! Today I'm sharing my CAS-ual Friday Challenge card. The theme this week is to be inspired by a song. The song I chose was "Shine" by Newsboys, and here's the card:



I used the {ippity} kit {...shine, shine, shine.} for the light bulbs and sentiment. I really had to search my stash to find a background that suited the rest of the card, but I finally found what I wanted in my Unity KOM from June 2010 - now THAT's a blast from the past!

I stamped the light bulb three times at different lengths and paper pieced one of them after sponging on some white ink to create a "glow" from the bulb. To give the sentiment and focal image a bit more depth, I inked the edges before attaching to the card.

Remember that you still have time to get in on the FABULOUS 40% off sale at Unity's website. The sale does include {ippity}, so be sure to click my photo to go straight to the shop and add them to your cart!



Thanks for stopping by, and happy weekend!



Click here to shop at Unity!

9 paper smiles:

Kathy said...

OK this card is just brilliant! The light bulb looks as though it is actually on!! Super cute.

Monica said...

The light bulb looks so real... shines like nobody's business.

Super card.

Monica xxx

Dana said...

Great card!! I love how you made the light bulb shine!!

Karen B. said...

What a clever take on the challenge! Thanks for joining the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you light bulb seems to shine!!!

Michele Gross said...

Very cool and I love your paper pieced light bulb :) Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laurie said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

angie/shuggy said...

this is so great!

Dana said...

Brilliant! *chuckle*
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!