Friday, July 3

Hip Hop Hangover goes PINK

I don't usually do pink very often. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I love other colors so much more (sorry, pink!). But Lee Murphy issued a challenge to use pink and brown on our cards since that's HER favorite color combo (if you visit her blog, you'll find out that PINK and BLING are her two favorite things on cards - go figure!).

So, here it is, folks...pink, brown, and some bling, too. I experimented with this card. I used some watercolor paper to stamp Royal Day with VersaMark. Then I took some Ruby Red Twinkling H2Os and painted the entire piece of paper. Being impatient, I hit it with my heat gun to dry it out faster. What happened is the image only barely shows up out of direct light, and it has a very subtle shimmer to it in direct light. I tried this process with Shimmerz, too, but it didn't work. I have never tried a resist technique and, silly me, I didn't bother to go to SCS to see how it's done. This was my random attempt, which didn't work out the way I expected - but I kinda like it. The camera didn't pick it up very well - you have to look pretty hard to see the background image.

supplies - light pink cardstock: stash, brown cardstock: SU Chocolate Chip, hot pink: custom made by MOI on Strathmore, ribbon: Michael's, gems: Darice, image: Unity April KOM {fresh beginnings}

Thanks for coming by today - have a great Independence weekend!


15 paper smiles:

4guysandagirl said...

Love this card!!! I'm a huge fan of pink and brown (probably because I have 3 boys and hardly ever have a chance to use pink!)LOL!

Unknown said...

Cute Card...looks like a gaggle of various strawberry and watermelon flavored lollipops!

Bonita Rose said...

LOVE THIS.. perfect!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very cute love the colors

Lisa H. said...

I love it! that ribbon is so cute! looks great with those trees!

heidi said...

I L-O-V-E this!! Great job! I soooo wish I had the April KOTM because those trees are rockin'!

Sassy Runner Girl said...

I love this, gorgeous! Pink is good :)

Shemaine Smith said...

Lovin your card today! Love the pink!

Unknown said...

Cheri, I can see the background...looks fabulous! Those trees look yummy!

Monika in VA said...

Lovely card! That background worked nicely.

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Beautiful card! I love pink & brown, too! That ribbon is gorgeous. Great layout.

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

Very cute card Cheri! Have a great 4th of July!

The Pink Elephant said...

Adorable!!!

eryn hannig said...

Cheri I think it turned out great!!!

Kit said...

this is a lovely card

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!