Monday, July 27

Whimsy Challenge: Sketch

I can't believe that I'm finally back! After two weeks of vacation, a week of hubby's hospitalization, and a week of trying to settle back into "normal" life, I finally had time to make a brand new card. I did color up several images over vacation and get them onto card fronts I made before leaving, but I'll share those later.

Today is a new challenge at the Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog, and it's my fave...a sketch! And I'll tell you something funny (at least it is now): I'm a very visual person, so I usually print out sketches and post them above my craft table as I work. I thought I was all organized and ready-to-go for this week's challenge when I was ready to work on it. I got the card all done, photographed, edited and went to post it on the DT message board...and I used the WRONG SKETCH! It wasn't even an old Whimsy Challenge sketch; I have no idea where I got that sketch! So you can imagine my frustration as I went back to the drawing board. To save myself a little heartache, I used the same image and papers the second time around since I was happy with the color combo, but BOY! was I an unhappy camper to have to start over!

So here are the deets, assuming you've picked yourself up off the floor! This cute little monkey was colored with Prisma pencils (no OMS this time), papers are BG Archaic matted on SU Chocolate Chip. And do you notice something you don't usually see on my cards? Yep - words! Sentiments are always the hardest for me, so many times I either put it inside after thinking about it a while, or I let the card be entirely image-driven and blank inside for a personal note. I won a blog candy that included Archaic rub-ons, though, and they are so cute! I used one of them on this card, and another on the "mistake" card mentioned above.

supplies ~ cardstock: stash & SU Chocolate Chip, dsp: Basic Grey Archaic, sentiment: BG Archaic rub-on, brads: Making Memories, image: Whimsy Monkey

OK, that's it for me today. There's lots more inspiration on the other design team blogs. You can get the links on the left side of my blog under the Whimsy banner, or go to the challenge blog to see their creations all together.

Thanks for visiting today, and have a Magical Monday!

5 paper smiles:

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a wonderful sketch. Super fun card!

Anonymous said...

Cheri, this is too darn cute!! I love that monkey and your take on the sketch is awesome!! :)

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

too cute - love those colors!

Dawn said...

Cheri, your cards are wonderful!! I found your blog through a comment you left on my blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means alot :)

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Super cute! Great job with the sketch!

Janna :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!