Monday, July 27

Verve Project Parade: Divine Details

:::Looking for my Whimsy Challenge post? Scroll down to the next one!:::

I have been an admirer of Verve stamps for quite a while, but it seems like there's never enough $$ to get everything I want. I won a $25 gift certificate in the last Project Parade, but my craft room is a mess, so I haven't inked up the stamps I bought (YET!) =D

So I decided to enter this card in this month's round of the Verve Project Parade, and you may notice a similarity to my DT project for the Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog. It came out really well, and this month we're supposed to describe our design process when we make cards.

My process is simple, really. I have to have a sketch to begin. I'm very visual, so a blank panel does nothing to inspire me. Give me a sketch, and my imagination will take flight! So this sketch is from a Stamp Something challenge that I never had time to enter; it was hanging on my bulletin board waiting for a card.

The next step is to decide what image, papers and colors I want to use. This one was easy since I had two of these monkeys, and my intention was to start my card for the DT project. I also wanted to make a masculine card - I always need more of those. Basic Grey puts out a lot of nice manly papers, so I decided to use them.

Once I get those main elements down, then I start thinking about whether I will use sentiments or embellishments. I really struggle with sentiments, but I'm lucky to have an Archaic rub-on book that had some sentiments in it. I picked this one since it just fit the monkey so well and mounted it on a Nesties label with a couple of brads.

supplies ~ cardstock: stash & SU Chocolate Chip, dsp: Basic Grey Archaic, sentiment: BG Archaic rub-on, brads: Making Memories, image: Whimsy Monkey

Now you have a glimpse into how my crazy brain works - there really is a method to my madness! =D

Thanks for visiting to day, and have a terrific day!


8 paper smiles:

Anonymous said...

Cheri, your card is just as cute as can be!! :) Your monkey is sweet and that sentiment is perfect!! TFS!

Jacilynn said...

really cute! I love this.

Maureen said...

This is so fun! Love the dp :)

Kristina said...

So cute! Love that dp peeking through!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

like how you used the same image and paper but made a totally different card based on layout. Very cool!

Justine said...

This is such a fun image, love what you have done with him, great job

Janelle Stollfus said...

That is a cute monkey. Your coloring is great. My craft room is always in disarray, so I know what you mean.

Great card and thanks for sharing your process.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along in our parade! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!