Tuesday, July 28

Penny Black Saturday Challenge 59: Recipe

I'll admit it: I'm a challenge addict. The problem: life gets in the way! There are a gazillion awesome challenge blogs out there, many of which I follow. The Penny Black Saturday Challenge blog is one of them. I've entered all of two PB challenges since I started blogging last year, but I follow the blog. Every week I say, "I'm going to enter this week," and every week I don't have time. ::sigh::

But this week I finally got the chance! I had the card front already done from last month's SheetLoad sketch, and I colored up this image with Prismas & baby oil while on vacation. All I had to do was adhere the image and add a few embellishments for this week's recipe challenge to include 3 ribbons, 2 flowers and 1 charm. Voila!

Other than the hedgehog images, this is probably one of my favorite Penny Black stamps. It's so happy, and it's a breeze to color. It would have been even easier if I had made the flower a daisy, but I was at my parents' house when I colored this and some memories started to surface. Mom and Granny always had flower beds when I was growing up, and one of my favorites were Black-Eyed Susans. They are in the daisy family, but the coloring is definitely different from the typical white-petaled daisies that are so familiar. I wasn't too interested in flowers growing up and didn't know the names of many flowers (unlike my mom & grandmothers), but I definitely knew these! I guess you could say I was reliving my childhood as I colored. =D

supplies ~ cardstock: Martha Stewart, kraft: Bazzill, dsp: DCWV Sweet Stack, rub-on sentiment: Joann's, flowers: Prima, brad: K & Co., charm: stash, ribbon: Michael's

Thanks for popping in today - I'll see you again soon! =D


3 paper smiles:

Holly Young said...

Adorable card! Just so fun and happy! Fantastic coloring!

Kath Stewart said...

such a fun happy card cheri...love the cute froggie ...great use of your ribbons and flowers....and love the little charm...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxxxxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very fun and so well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
FWD is an internet advertising directory, providing free and paid quality listings. Boost your business popularity and increase your site traffic with us!